Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cookie Monster Cupcakes


How cute are these? I saw these cupcakes on PBS Food. I'm going to make them for my kiddo's class in a couple of weeks. There's not much of a recipe to post since I'm going to use a box cake mix, vanilla icing in a can, and use food coloring to make the icing blue. I know, totally lazy of me. If you have a recipe that you think would work great this please link me and I'll try it out sometime. :)

Here's what you need:

  • 12 cup muffin pan
  • Your favorite cake mix
  • Vanilla or white icing of your choice
  • Cupcake wrappers/paper baking cups (try to find blue)
  • Semi sweet or milk chocolate chips for the eyes
  • White chocolate wafers for the eyes (If you can't find the wafers in a near by store try Wilton.com)
  • Chocolate chip cookies for the mouth (I'm going to use Chip Ahoy cookies)

Directions:

  1. Follow the baking instructions on the cake mix box.
  2. Add a couple of drops of blue food coloring to your white icing to reach the desired color.
  3. After icing your cupcakes, take some of the left over icing and put a small dot in the center of the white chocolate wafers. Then stick one of the chocolate chips on top of the icing to complete the eyes.
  4. Arrange the eyes however you like on the cupcakes. Then take your chocolate chip cookies and push them part way into the cupcake so it looks cookie monster is actually eating them. Crumble a few cookies on to the cupcakes so it looks like cookie monster has already devoured some of them. (See picture)

These cupcakes look like they will be a huge hit with the kids. I can't wait to try this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment